This week’s weekly workout series is by Gina Maria! Gina – with an impressive list of training and nutrition certifications – has a goal to help those of you with very little time to achieve your health and fitness goals!
If you didn’t get a chance don’t forget to check out the first workout of the series by Gina.
Workout #2 - Wednesday: Lower Body
Here are my 4 favorite lower body exercises that can be done literally anywhere. All you need is your body weight & a pair of dumbbells!
- Hold one dumbbell with hands wrapped around the top of its head.
- Standing with legs slightly wider than shoulder width apart, rotate you ankles so your toes are facing out.
- Slowly bend the knees and lower your legs until your thighs are parallel to the floor as you squat down.
- Press through your heels to slowly rise up to the start position.
- Repeat for the recommended amount of repetitions.
- Standing with legs hip width apart, step your left leg behind you & to the right.
- Your thighs should be crossing.
- Bend both knees as if you were to “curtsy.”
- Make sure your knee is aligned with your front ankle.
- Switch sides to complete one rep.
- Lower into squat position and jump knees out still staying in squat stance.
- Jump, knees back in, while maintaining a low squat stance and repeat.
Single Leg Bridge
- Lay on the floor with feet flat & knees bent.
- Raise one leg off the ground
- Keeping the core engaged, squeeze you glutes & press through your heels raising hips off the ground.
- Lower slow and controlled and repeat. After you have completed x amount of reps one side, switch to the other.
Best of luck with this butt burning workout – workout 3 of this series will be released Friday!
You can find out more about Gina below!