Do you have a sweet tooth that has you constantly craving sweet treats? If you do then this apple and raspberry smoothie could be just what you need to help you kick those cravings to the curb.
Low in sugar and packed full of nutrients, this smoothie will give your taste buds that sweet treat you desire without packing in all those empty calories.
- 2 apples, peeled, de-cored and chopped
- 45 g baby kale (about 2 handfuls)
- 1 ½ cups almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 Tbsp. Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp. Chia seeds
- ½ tsp. Cinamon
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- 5-7 cubes of ice
- Combine ingredients in your blender, placing the ice, and apple at the bottom, then blend on high for 1 minute, pulsing if needed so that it is properly combined.
- Serve in a tall glass. Enjoy!
- Apple - With only 10 grams of sugar per apple, and packed full of fibre and pectin, apples satisfy those sweet cravings and leave you feeling fuller for longer.
- Kale - A literal powerhouse of nutrients, kale is packed full of vitamins A, C and K, as well as numerous minerals including calcium and copper. These all work together to satisfy your body’s needs and combat your sugar cravings.
- Raspberries - Despite being deliciously sweet to taste, raspberries contain only 5 grams of sugar per cup.
- Chia seeds - Rich in omega-3 fatty acids and soluble dietary fibre, chia seeds help satisfy food cravings. They also have the advantage of absorbing water and expanding, so that you feel fuller for longer.
- Cinnamon - As well as having a slightly nutty/sweet flavour, cinnamon contains hydroxychalcone which is believed to enhance the effects of insulin, helping normalize blood-sugar levels and reduce sugar cravings.
- Almond milk - A good source of calcium and good fats to satiate your cravings, without overloading your smoothie with calories.
- Greek Yoghurt - Rich in protein, good fats and the sweetness of lactose, yoghurt works to satisfy your sugar cravings whilst feeding your body the energy you need.
Not convinced that this sweet flavour is going to cut it?
Don’t take our word for it, try it for yourself. We are confident it is going to hit the spot!